Monday, January 14, 2008

Sehwag likely to play

Kirsten who is the present coach of Indian team is in Perth as a consultant for Team India, witnessed the furore from afar, but remains convinced that the on-going ‘Race Row’ is far from ideal for the game’s image. "The spirit was breached and I'm not sitting on the fence. The game doesn't need two nations saying I was right," Kirsten told reporters in Western Australia. "One needs to be careful. I got to look at this thing objectively. I got to be very careful in what I say. To me it's sad what's going on. "I'm looking at it objectively because I wasn't in the heat of the battle. May be I'll have a different perspective if I was in the heat of battle saying India were unfairly treated and there were comments made, but the way it's going is not good for the game at the moment,".

Relations between the two sides have become strained over a number of issues after an ill-tempered second Test in Sydney, with allegations of racism levelled at spinner Harbhajan Singh chief among them. The 29-year-old batsman, who was not selected for the first two Tests, gave the India selectors a timely reminder of his credentials with 73-ball century in a warm-up game against an ACT Invitational XI in Canberra on Saturday. And whether he earns a recall or not, Sehwag hopes the third Test passes off without incident.

No comments: