Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tait takes a break from cricket

Tait, who was named the International Cricket Council's emerging player of 2007, said it had been a difficult decision to take a break from the game."This is not an overnight decision but something that I've been struggling with for sometime," he said in a statement."A break from professional cricket will hopefully give me a clear mind and a chance for my body to rest and recover."My love and enjoyment of the game is struggling due to these issues and if I continue to go on, it will be unfair on my team mates and support staff of both the Australian and South Australian cricket teams -- and most importantly my family and close friends.
Cricket Australia said Tait was suffering from "physical and emotional exhaustion and will be rested from cricket while he undergoes a programme designed to facilitate his return to cricket."

No comments: